Name of Curriculum
Bachelor of Arts Program in Library and Information Science
Name of Degree
Bachelor of Arts(Library and Information Science)
B.A.(Library and Information Science)
In Responsibilities of
Department of Library Science
Faculty of Liberal Arts
- To produce graduates endowed with knowledge of the theories and practices of library and Information science.
- To produce graduates endowed with knowledge acquired from a variety of sources and trained in analytical thinking so as to solve problems in library and information works cerativity.
- To produce graduates who are able to apply in knowledge effectively for public benefit.
Sturcture of the curriculum
- General Education courses 30 credits
- Specialized courses 97 credits
- Free Electives 9 credits
Codition for the Major Program in Library and Information Science
1. University core course : 30 credits, to be fulfilled under the condition of the University.
2. Specialized courses : 97 credits
2.1 Courses in the field of Library and Information Science : minimum 67 credits
2.1.1 Required courses : 37 credits required from
LS 211, LS 212, LS 231, LS 241, LS 242, LS251, LS324, LS343, LS344, LS361, LS371 and LS491
A minimum grad of C is required for each of the required courses.
2.1.2 Electives : Minimum accumulation of 30 credits of Library and Information Science courses other than those stated in 2.1.1
2.2 Courses outside the field of Library and Information science
2.2.1 Compulsory courses : 6 credits
Students are required to take EG 221, EG 231
2.2.2 Minor or Electives : 24 credits
Students may take one of these two study plans:
18.104.22.168 Minor : 24 credits
Students may choose a minor program offered by any field in Thammasat University to meet the minimum requirements for a Minor Program as determined by the department or school concerned. If the total number or credits of minor courses is insufficient, the student is required to select for study other courses offered in the university in order to complete the total number of credits required.
22.214.171.124 Electives : 24 credits
Students may select one of the following alternatives:
A. Take courses offered by one particular department or school
B. Take courses offered by no more than four departments or schools
3. Free Electives : 9 credits
Selection of free electives can be made from any courses offered for study at Thammasat University for a total of no less than 9 credits, including foreign languages offered as University core courses.
1. The minimum requirement is the accumulation of 24 credits of the required courses LS 211, LS 212, LS 241, LS 242 and LS 251.
A minimum grade of C is required for each of the required courses.
2. An additional number of Library and Information Science courses, minimum credits of 9, is required.
Associate Degree Progam
Students with a minimum accumulation of 100 credit in pursuit of courses in the university are entitled to a diploma in Library and Information Science under the following conditions :
- Having successfully maintained a grade-point average of 2.00;
- Having registered as a student for no less than 5 consecutive semesters, excluding summer registration.
- Having fulfilled the university core course of 30 credits.
- Having completed a minimum accumulation of 61 credits in Library and Information Science, comprising 37 credits of the required courses LS 211, LS 212, LS 231, LS 241, LS 242, LS 251, LS324,LS 343, LS 344, LS 361, LS 371 and LS 491. A minimum grade of C is required for each of the required courses.